Posted by : Razib smile Tuesday, July 9, 2013
What is Impression Material?
Impression Materials :- The materials which is use to take an impression is known as Impression Materials.
Ideal properties of impression materials :
Best of the ideal properties of impression material given as follows -
1) The impression material should be elastic in nature &have a good plasticity .
2) The impression material should have a good flow ,so that it ready flows into the cervices & undercuts.
3) It should have a viscid consistency , that is it should not be too thick or too thin in consistency.
4) The impression material should have a low specific heat , so that it does not burn or scaled the soft oral tissues .
5) It should produce fine & sharp details of the standing teeth & oral tissues.
6) It should be easily manipulable ¬ require any elaborated technique.
7) It should allows a sufficient working time & should set rapidly in mouth .
8) The impression material should not irritant & should not content any harmful ingredients which is injurious to the tissues.
9) The impression material should have pleasant co lour , taste & o dour.
Classification of impression material with examples
Impression materials mainly classify into two main groups according to their elasticity which is given bellow by a flow chart.
a) Non-elastic Rigid